POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien artifacts (take 2) : Re: Alien artifacts (take 2) Server Time
18 Aug 2024 02:18:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alien artifacts (take 2)
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 6 Jul 2001 12:20:05
Message: <3b45e535@news.povray.org>
"Thomas Lake" <tla### [at] homecom> wrote in message
> I've improved the radiosity settings a fair amount here. I'm also playing
> around with photons for the first time, though it's not that obvious here.
> I've also smoothed out the area light as Christoph pointed out. Oh yeah
and
> the textures.

Is the object on the right, by any chance a Rhino model?  If it is (and
those dotted lines between the spherical object and bits coming out aren't
intended) then you may want to 'join' all the objects into one.  Ie in Rhino
if you split up an object then there are visible lines between the split,
but if they're joint it's all smooth.  Well hope that makes sense.

Oh and it looks great, pity the JPEG hurt it a bit (on the red)

Peter Cracknell
http://www.petercracknell.com